Friday, June 10, 2011

Hail Damage


Well, as crazy Iowa weather goes, we had hail the last few days. I was worried about my car and didn't even give thought to what it did to my garden. So last night Abby and I went to check on it. I stood there stunned...I think I muttered a few 'oh no's' etc. It hadn't even crossed my mind that there might be hail damage to the garden. Abby just looked at me and gave me a great big hug around the waist and said, "It'll be OK Jenny."

And I beleive her, except for maybe my one cucumber plant and a few beans...I think everything else will spring back eventually. Luckily enough, we did not get the hail that others got last night (this hail was from Thursday morning).

I've included a picture of the hail from my front door and a picture of my flattened carrotts. Hopefully it dries up soon enough so that I can get back into the garden to really assess the damage.










No comments:

Post a Comment